Retaw Services Ltd ensures that the scope of cleaning & disinfection service to be supplied is clearly defined, including downtime, isolation of critical equipment, disinfectant selection, neutralisation, drain selection, and post-works sampling.
Tank and Calorifier Cleaning & Disinfection
- Cleaning and disinfection of cold water tanks
- Cleaning and disinfection of water heaters
- Remedial system cleaning & disinfection following poor microbiological results.
- Disinfection of new pipework and fittings
Showerheads & Spray taps
- HSG274 Part 2 suggests cleaning quarterly.
- Complex showerheads are actually a greater risk than simple heads that can be easily cleaned.
- Don’t forget spray taps or flow inserts
PD 855468:2015 Guide to the flushing and disinfection of services supplying water for domestic use within buildings and their curtilages.
- This Published Document has been developed to build on the guidance previously given in BS 8558 on the flushing and disinfection of services supplying water for domestic use within buildings and their curtilages, which was regarded as beyond the scope of that British Standard. (Replaces the guidance once part of BS 6700).
- The guidance covers Commissioning, Mothballing, flushing, disinfection, and limited advice on post-clean sampling.
The Legionella Control Association requires that Retaw Services Ltd need to tell our clients that it is the responsibility of the dutyholder/responsible person to: –
- Maintain the entire system, and the water in it, in a clean condition and to facilitate inspection to determine if the system is clean or not
- Make systems available for cleaning and disinfection if required with adequate notice to enable the LCA Member to plan and execute the service
- Ensure safe access for inspection and cleaning is provided
- Adhere to the agreement regarding definition of scope and any responsibility implied
- Ensure any necessary discharge consent is in place for effluent generated during the clean and disinfection process